Today's Mama and GameStop are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family? My holiday wish for my family this year is that we really stop to enjoy each other and take hold of the memories we are making together. Our days slip by so quickly and time passes before we know it. We need to slow down this season and keep things simple.
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition?Every year the entire family meets at my mother-in-law's house for Christmas morning. We have a quick breakfast and then let the kids have some fun ripping open packages. Then we take a break and slow things down, each person opening one gift at a time in turn, so we can all enjoy the excitement and wonder of Christmas. It is always an all day event!
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be? My one decadent wish would be for a new car all my own. I always get the hand-me-down car. And if I could have my car it would be a Lexus.
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?We spend a lot of time in the kitchen together. We bake cookies, cookies, and some more cookies. And a recent new tradition: the Gingerbread House! The highlight of Christmas week is finishing up the Gingergbread House and sampling all the little candies we decorate with!
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?Growing up, we played the game of LIFE, Monopoly, Trouble, and Sorry! As we got older, my mom would let us play with her Flinch! game. All of these games are still family favorites.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?The only family tradition from my side of the family to survive is having the whole family together on New Year's Day to celebrate together, and we always serve Grape Leaves and Kibi, and occasionally Stuffed Cabbage Rolls. The in-laws celebrate Christmas as a 2-day event. Beginning on Christmas Eve with fondue, opening stocking gifts and going to the Christmas Eve Service. Christmas Day is spent eating, laughing, and opening gifts. It's a full day of fun!
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip?I wouldn't go anywhere. We've spent the last 4 years living across the US from the rest of our family. We were unable to get home for Christmas last year and it was a very difficult season for me. I would choose to stay home for Christmas. But, if the whole family could go on a trip, I think it would wonderful to spend the holiday travelling Europe together! Wouldn't that be a Christmas to remember?!
8. Check out GameStop and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
Our family's top 3 would be: PS3 system since ours died recently, the XBox 360 Kinect, obviously, and the latest, greatest Guitar Hero/RockBand stuff. We like to rock around here!