Sunday, August 17, 2008

Life outside the RV

After 2 years in the RV, life in an apartment is almost surreal.

Seriously.

The amount of space here is difficult to get used to. J is having a really difficult time sleeping in his own room. K, of course, loves it. She wasted no time in getting her room all decorated and plastered with posters.

While I find using the kitchen space rather pleasant, I find maneuvering throughout the apartment in general to be bothersome. I've gotten so used to moving from one activity to another in a space 10 feet long and 3 feet wide that I sometimes lose track of where I'm going. I have all this space and sometimes feel lost in it!

It's a good thing this is a transitional space.

When we finally move into a house I should be ready for a bigger space. Here in the apartment I have no freedom to paint or decorate. But when we have a house I'll have complete freedom to personalize whatever I feel like changing. I'll also have the opportunity to get my things from storage.

Funny how little I can recall actually being in storage! But there are some treasures I'd like to have with me. It'll be a lot of fun going through all the boxes. The hardest part will be the kids going through all their toys. It'll be like Christmas morning!

Until then, I'll spend my time "cruising" the furniture and wandering from room to room...and cooking up a storm! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment