Sunday, August 22, 2010

Summer isn't over...

until the school bell rings! ~Nora Roberts

As invariably happens, summer is winding to a close. The days are becoming shorter. The air is turning cooler. And the frenzy of back-to-school shopping has begun!

I'm working on organizing the kids school curriculum for the upcoming year, but in the back of my mind all I can think is "summer isn't over yet!"

I have this whole list of summer activites I want to do as a family, and we haven't gotten to very many of them. So many sights to see, smells to take in, memories to be made!

Some of my ideas for the rest of summer (and maybe right on into fall!)

Build a sand castle
Go to a museum
Fly kites
Go to a county or state fair
Go to a professional baseball game
Make home made ice cream
Build a fort
Go to the zoo
Have a pic nic
Go to a drive-in theater
Rollerskating
Make sushi
Take a Road trip
Climb a tree
Go on a scavenger hunt
Go thrifting/yard sales
Blow bubbles
Go bowling
Play board games/card games all day
Have a water balloon fight
Go star gazing
Tie-dye party!
Make fresh lemonade

and oh, so many more....

No comments:

Post a Comment