Sunday, September 02, 2007

Great Day

Today has been a great day.

These last couple months in morning service I've been sitting to two of the most wonderful women. Sondra and Darlene have quickly become very special to me. We're not quite friends yet, obviously. You can only get to know someone so much in those few minutes before and after service, chatting and smiling and laughing, and sometimes crying with each other.

Today I spent a little more time talking with Darlene after service. She holds a very special place in my heart. I don't know if it's because she reminds me of family or if it's just one of those instant kinships that God brings together.

While Sondra is happy and bubbly, open and friendly, Darlene has gone another step in getting to know me. We've had some similar experiences, Darlene and I. And I think that draws us to each other.

I think both women are wonderful and I treasure those moments we chat and share our weeks, our joys and challenges. I'm lucky to have found them.

No comments:

Post a Comment