Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Small groups tend to grow!

We joined a small group from our church last month. They meet on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, so today was our 3rd meeting.

I find myself getting lost every once in awhile. The room is full of loud, A-type personalities, everyone trying to be the center of the conversation. I tend to stay out on the fringe and watch, occasionaly knodding my head, injecting a thought here and there when there's a lull or someone asks me a direct question.

It's a fun group. We all get along. We all like each other. And the kids love it. There are a ton of kids to play with and run around with. Plus, it doesn't hurt that they have a pool and a trampoline.

I think it's going to be a good group for us. We're all pretty much new, and still getting to know each other. That puts us pretty much on the same level. And so far, I'm the only homeschooling, at-home mom. But, the family that hosts the group, is just now a one-income family and mom want to homeschool eventually. Plus I was talking to another mom who's been thinking about it and wants to give it a try but just isn't sure yet. I'm looking forward to getting to know these ladies much better. And the husbands and kids! Can't forget them!

No comments:

Post a Comment