Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Gourmet Chef in the making

I've now made my second gourmet meal this week. I'm 2 for 2!

And while J didn't particularly care for the first dish, the second was a slam dunk.

On Saturday I made Pork Chops with Sweet Potato Gravy from Emeril. Fairly straight forward, though I had no clue what I was doing. It went pretty well. I'm not familiar with spices and how to mix them, so I had to ask the hubby how to make some substitutes. J didn't like the texture of the gravy. But everyone else liked it.

Tonight I made another Emeril recipe. This time I made Jambalaya Penne with Shrimp, Chicken, and Andouille Sausage. The smells coming from this dish while I was cooking were amazing. The RV still smells awesome!

And it was a hit! J dug right in. He can't wait to have some leftovers tomorrow for lunch! That makes me feel good. K wasn't thrilled with the meats, but she ate the pasta and liked the sauce.

So I'm adding both recipes to the family favorites box.

No comments:

Post a Comment