Tuesday, February 19, 2008

thing-a-day #19

PLASTIC!!!

I love this stuff! First I cut out some plastic stars. You can barely see them at the top of the photo. Then I was going to use this cool alcohol paint on them, but I thought I better try it out somehow to see what it does.

Sooooo...I cut an ATC size piece of plastic and went to town with the inks. At first I tried to blend with a piece of felt, but that did not work. So then I noticed that when I dropped the ink onto the plastic it kind of spread and grew out into odd shapes. so I played with dropping them next to each other and into each other. I guess, according to the packaging, I'll have to buy a blending tool if I want to be able to blend them together. Since I really like the inks, that doesn't bother me. I want to go get some more colors!

I'm not sure what I'll do with this piece. Since it's ATC sized, I might use it as an ATC and attach some oddball things to the backside to make a card. We'll see. I'll have to think about it and let the idea simmer a bit. :D The stars I'll be using on scrapbooking pages and/or birthday cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment