Friday, March 18, 2011

Crazy Cake Adventures

No one should take on two really important cakes the morning after getting back from a vacation. But, lucky me, the Mr. didn't give me much of a choice. I had to bake and decorate these cakes in less than 24 hrs! I baked cakes from 7 - 10:30 pm one night and went back to frost at 7am the next day! Craziness indeed. And I didn't get to make all the decorations I wanted to make. I was seriously dissapointed. But I did have fun working the frosting designs. I'd like to make some more of these...but mini-sized! Wouldn't they be so cute?!

This is a 2-layer, 14" strawberry cake with buttercream frosting, decorated with stippling.

This is a 2-layer, 9" strawberry cake with butter cream frosting, decorated with ribbon swirls.

I really, really wanted to make some chocolate butterflies to set on top, but I just plain ran out of time and I was soooo tired from the trip I just couldn't function. I guess I'll save that little bit of fun for some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment