Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's been a week...

I've now had these dreads in for one whole week. It's been quite a trip. It's also the longest I've ever kept them in since I started this wild and crazy hobby!

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to sleep on them. They're a little too thick at the back and that pushes my neck up. If I'm on my side they did into my ears. Plus, I have to push extra pillow under my cheek to level out! The dreads tip my head down so my nose is pushed into the pillow. I can't have that!

During the day, they're not so bad. I mostly wear them up in a pony, with a bandana covering the front. Very comfortable. BUT...when I'm on the computer and my head is tipped down a bit, the ends drag across my neck. Very irritating.

Washing them is a bit difficult. I have to keep it up so the bulk of the hair isn't getting sopping wet. And then I dilute some shampoo and work it into the roots and around the hairline. I wish I didn't have such oily hair. I have to wash every other day or my hairline looks all nasty. I was hoping I could go 4 or 5 days at least, but NO. Oh well.

I'm not planning on taking them out anytime soon. I do want to change my accent colors already! Right now I have neon pink and hot orange. I'd really like to go to neon green and turquoise. And then I'd like to add in some violet and yellow. Eventually, I'll have all the colors made up and I can just switch them out as often as I change my outfits!

Yeah, I'm a dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment