Friday, January 15, 2010

National Hat Day!!

I just found out that January 15th is National Hat Day! Why didn't someone let me in on this so I could prepare?! And why aren't more people wearing hats?! especially since they can get away with it today! Here are some pretties I found on the web:

Carmen Miranda, of course. Who wouldn't want one of these?!


1950's cocktail




Vintage Poet's Hat found at ModCloth

1920s Flapper (I die)




I love hats. All hats. But not all hats love me. I just have one of those faces that doesn't take well to hats. And not a lot of companies make fashion hats for those with locks!

For Christmas 2007, my MIL gave me a great big box full of vintage hats! Oh, what joy! It is one of my fondest desires to have a wardrobe that will allow such delectable head gear...once the dreads are gone...

You, know, I do believe I need to get out my box of hats and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment