Saturday, January 30, 2010

Project 365

I am, of course, embarking on another year of Project 365. This year it seems to be referred to as "Project Life", which definitely has a ring to it. I looked at the kit available at beckyhiggins.com but the colors just don't...sing...for me. So I'm hesitating.

I decided to play around with my PSE instead. I figured I would, at the very least, figure out how to use the program! And turns out I was right. I've never understood layers before, and playing around really helped. Knowing that I wasn't going to mess anything up really kept things from getting too stressful!

I had downloaded the free card set from Becky in 2009 and printed the cards myself. So I took one of the cards and loaded it in PSE and played around with changing the colors. That was fun and all, but I wanted to change things up a bit. So I started figuring out how to erase things and add in other designs, use brushes and add in text. It was so fun! I can't wait to really get into this program and make some amazing layouts with it. I see so many ladies (and a few gents) on the net designing some very lovely layouts using all digital elements. So I want to learn more!

These are some of the cards I've made on my own so far. I haven't decided on this colorway yet, though!




Cute, eh? I can't decide if I want to go with a more vintagy style or a rock-n-roll style. Maybe I'll just go whole hog and mix and match! Off to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment