Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Round-Up - February 2010

It's Round-Up time again. The days are moving much too swiftly. All this blogging and taking pictures for the Project 365 really helps me stay focused and appreciate what goes on around me every day. I'm glad I took the challenge!

What books/magazines did I read this month?
I only managed 2 fiction books: Our Lady of Pain and The Looking Glass Wars. I read Relevant, Group, and Scrapbooks, etc. this month as far as magazines go. I've been reading several craftbooks and many, many knitting patterns :)

What movies, TV shows, plays, etc did I watch this month?
TV: Leverage, White Collar, NCIS, Project Runway, Shear Genius
Movies: The Spy Next Door, The Day After Tomorrow, Replacements, Armegeddon

What fun things did I do with my family this month?
We took a trip up to Blue Springs State Park to see the manatees!


And we did lots of baking and goody making!

brownies! pancakes! jello! cookies! yum!

What gifts did I give or receive this month?
Well, this month I celebrated my 39th birthday. I received several books in the mail from my SIL and my MIL. My mom gave me a gift certificate to Shutterfly, and my kids gave me some handmade cards and special job coupons. To celebrate we went to a movie (The Spy Next Door) and my husband told me to buy a new paper trimmer. I've needed one forever and I still haven't bought one yet - researching!

What special or unusual purchases did I make this month?
I bought some muslin to make up a dress pattern and I bought a new statement ring :)


What health concerns did I have this month?
We've been pretty healthy. A few bouts with the sinuses since the weather can't make up its mind if it wants to be hot or cold. J got that nasty sliver during our manatee trip that cost some $$$ and 7 days of meds.

What were my accomplishments?
I lost 4 pounds! Got in a few more training days. Went to the YMCA a couple times (need to do that more!)

What were my disappointments?
Not enough training days in! The weather just isn't cooperating :(
An acquaintance placed an order for dreads and has not paid yet :(

How did I do on my goals this month?
I have posted to my blog every day but one (the trip to see the manatees) and I have taken pictures everyday for Project 365. I have been working on the Journaling Me project a couple times a week. I'm getting better at drinking coffee - this month I've had 2 Mocha Cappuccinos!

Anything else noteworthy?
J used his savings (and a little of ours) to buy a new baseball bat - the new B3! He was super excited to be the very first Little League player to get one - so cute. K has been doing some shopping and she bought her very first shirt with buttons! I'm not kidding - very first button down shirt at age 13.



No comments:

Post a Comment