Thursday, April 01, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Yesterday was my hubby's birthday!
WOW, that's a lot of candles! (one short of the big 4 -0!)

For his special day I made Kibbeh for dinner
It's a meal my Mom makes every year at New Years. Yummy.

For his birthday cake I decided to make Turtle Bars
Topped with vanilla ice cream and some gooey caramel.

The rest of us don't eat nuts, so I also made a batch of brownies
Topped with vanilla ice cream and chocolate mint fudge! :)

Before we ate all this sugary goodness, Chad opened his gifts.
His "small" gift was a new feather pillow. Do you know how difficult it is to find one of those things?!
His "big" gift:
Four tickets to see the Blue Man Group! yay!
He's been wanting to go to this show for years. We just have never gotten around to it, and it is a bit cost prohibitive with all four of us requiring tickets. But we saved up the cash, little by little, and as soon as the spring break craze is over we'll be booking those tickets and getting ourselves seats in the "splash zone!" I hope they allow cameras!

Happy Birthday, babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment