Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter!

I had so much fun choosing the candies and goodies for the kids easter baskets this year. Of course, I didn't choose baskets at all. I decided to make goodie bags instead. I found these super cute baggie toppers at eighteen25 via the lovely Living Locurto. I resized the original to fit my bags and printed them so that I could just fold them over and staple shut, instead of cutting them out and attaching to another piece of paper. I think they turned out really well. I also went with an edible grass rather than the usual plastic. And I took the chocolate bunnies out of their icky boxes and nestled them in the grass with lots of jelly eggs and malted milk eggs. I also included the requisite marshmallow peeps :)

We spent the day in relative quiet, watching movies and munching on eggs and potato salad. Chad and J went down to the fields and did some work in the concession stand to get ready for the week. And then we had burgers for dinner and strawberry shortcake for dessert.

All in all, a pretty good day.
Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment