Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Marathon Training Update


We spent a lot of time at the YMCA in March. The weather was so unpredictable and often too windy for me to put any miles in. Some days the wind was so cold it became difficult to breathe. So many of March's miles were racked up on a boring old treadmill. Can I just reiterate "boring"? Walking on a treadmill is quite the challenge for me. I had to maintain a rigid focus on a distant point out the wall of windows and find a way to block out all the music. I don't walk to music. It really messes me up.

Anyway....

Total miles walked for March: 16 ( one mile less than Feb) Total miles now = 43
Longest continuous walk (outdoors) was 6 miles completed in 1:35 which is an average of 15.8 min/mile. Some miles I walked faster than others, which is normal. Some miles were flat, some were hilly.
I added 45,589 steps in March, bringing my total steps to 118,004! And I lost another 4 lbs, bringing my total weight loss to 8 lbs!

March would have had much better numbers but we were called away to MI for a family emergency. Now that it's a new month, I'm ready to refresh my determination to get out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment