Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mardi Gras Parade at Universal Studios

Last Saturday night we went to Universal for the Mardi Gras parade again. I didn't take any pictures of the parade because I didn't have a good vantage point and no place to steady my camera. On the way out we went through one of the areas that had lots of confetti. So I pulled out the camera for a little play time.

This shot is auto setting. The flash fired so I tried again. Still a fairly nice shot.

I turned off the flash and took a few shots and then decided to do some motion shots. I tried panning a couple times but got too much blur. So I tried just the barest amount of movement and got this.

Then I decided to play with the aperature. This was fun. I put my camera on the ground and shot it right down the length of the gutter. This shot was my first and I think I like it the best.

I took several more shots, altering the angle of the lense and the distance of the camera away from the curb. This one you can see the focal point is much further into the frame.

It was a lot of fun, but the maintenance workers were in too much of a hurry to get it cleaned up and kept getting in my way. If we go again this coming weekend, I'll try it again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment