Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring Fling Shopping Tote

I picked up some lovely pants at the local thrift shop and thought they'd make a beautiful tote bag. I looked at several patterns on the net, but didn't find exactly what I was looking for so I winged it. I did use the handle idea that I found at morsbags. I didn't use the pattern because I didn't want an envelope-style bag, I needed something with a bottom and a good deal of room. I also added some pockets!
This pocket is in the center panel on the front of the bag. Fully lined and stitched together with the seaming, you can't even tell it's there until you put something in it! I also added a small pocket inside.

It looked a little plain Jane to me so I pulled out some scraps and made a pretty flower. I had a lot of fun working out the pattern for this bag. There are a couple things I'd do differently, like boxing the corners instead of making a separate bottom. That'll be part of my next bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment