Monday, February 08, 2010

Round-Up - January 2010

Another great idea, brought to us by Katie the Scrapbook Lady

1. What books/magazines/other did I read this month? According to my 2010 Reading list I've finished 3 books this month: the last 2 Twilight Saga books and The Time Traveler's Wife. But I also have read dozens of knitting and crafting books. I just don't add them to the reading list if I don't read them cover-to-cover! I have 5 magazines I read all the time: Cloth, Paper, ScissorsScrapbooks Etc.Creating Keepsakes, Taste of Home Healthy Cooking, and Relevant.

2. What movies/TV shows/ plays, etc. did I watch this month? I always watch NCIS! I've also watched Launch My Line, Project Runway, Leverage, White Collar, Bones and the occasional What Not to Wear. I've only watched a few movies - one of them was Happy Gilmore, because J thought it was funny. And I've watched some of my go-to movies: National Treasure, Independence Day and The Mummy.

3. What fun things did I do with my family/friends this month? Most of our family time has been spent at the baseball field, getting the concession stand ready for the season and getting some extra practice time in for J and some of his friends. We did pop into Downtown Disney once, on a cold, windy day. :/

4. What gifts did I give/receive this month? We sent Uncle Todd a package to celebrate his 40th birthday. We found a hunting T-shirt and sent a bunch of funny cards stuffed with balloons, gum, and a ton of birthday party confetti. We also received some of our Christmas gifts from my mom and sister in the mail. That's fun.

5. What special or unusual purchases did I make this month? The only special purchase was for Uncle Todd's birthday. The most unusual purchase in Jan. was 4 tanks of LP to heat the RV! Unheard of!

6. What illnesses or health concerns did I have this month? Everyone has been healthy. No issues with the H1N1 virus. We've been drinking our daily mug of hot OJ to keep the sniffles away :)

7. What were my accomplishments this month? I nailed down my goals for the year and got Chad to work with me for the family goals. I'm learning to drink coffee (just for Chad) and I've got a good start on several goals already. My biggest achievement has been posting to my blog every single day!

8. What were my dissapointments this month? My biggest dissapointment was the weather! I haven't been able to walk everyday to train for my marathon. I only managed a few days and the air was so cold I had to stop because I didn't want to get sick. The marathon I want to participate in is in November so I know I've time to train. It's just frustrating. I'm thinking about a YMCA membership since the weather is still ick.

9. How did I do on my goals this month? Excellent, for the most part! See #7&8 above

10. Anything else noteworthy this month?  Chad has been doing a phenomenal job at work. He's at the top. Battling with another guy for the #1 position. And he made bonus level! Yay! One of our family goals is to pay off debt and those bonuses are going to help a whole lot!

I did my round-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment